Volcanoes are generally better viewed from a distance. But as far as exploring volcanoes is concerned, the real charm of volcanoes is to measure them with your feet and see their craters up close. Unfortunately, many of the world's volcanoes are "only available from afar," which gives the volcano a veil of mystery. Fortunately, Bromo is one of the rare volcanoes that you can get up close and personal with, as it is one of the volcanoes that is not "only for viewing from afar".
Where is Bromo Volcano?
Bromol is a volcano in Indonesia, located in the eastern part of the island of Java, administratively under the jurisdiction of the East Java Province, with an altitude of 2,329 meters and a crater diameter of 800 meters from north to south and 600 meters from east to west.
Those who like Bromo volcano will know that the cover of Indonesia LP is Bromo scenery, so the status of Bromo can be seen.
According to Wikipedia, Bromol was born from the eruption of the large volcano Dengar, which was formed about 800,000 years ago, along with Mt Batok and Semeru. This plateau (about 2,300 meters) where Bromo is located has villages with cliffs at the end of the village, a sand sea basin under the cliffs, and a strange view of the crater in the center of the basin.
Tips for seeing the sunrise over Bromo Volcano:
1.Enter CemoroLawang, the base camp of Bromo Volcano, by bus or chartered car, you need to pay "entrance fee" to enter the village, after entering the village, if you don't charter a car, you won't pay a penny for the whole trip.
2. We recommend to use GoogleMap and Maps.Me for the trekking route, about 10KM round trip. The hike should start at 2:00 in the middle of the night and you must arrive at the viewpoint before 4:00. The viewpoint of your choice: Geumgangsan Viewpoint (best, farthest, highest), or Seruni Point Viewpoint.
Bromol Volcano baggage preparation:
- clothing (the volcano needs spring and autumn thick clothes, or light down jacket, scarves, hats and gloves are optional, do not think that this is a tropical all short-sleeved shorts, of course, in Bromo I also saw a foreigner wearing summer clothes, but I think most people can not stand)
- sneakers (because of the need to climb, you do not want to walk 5 km in a pair of difficult shoes, in addition, it is best not to wear your favorite shoes, in case of rain will be very heartbroken, do not ask me how to know)
- mask (some rent gas mask at the foot of the mountain, in fact, only in the crater you stretch your neck to smell the sulfur, other places simply can not smell anything, the mask is enough, or even no matter)
- flashlight / headlamp (to Bromo almost all in order to see the sunrise, so you need to leave around 3:00 am, if the moonlight is not bright enough, then the flashlight is necessary, cell phone flash can also be, but to stay on the electricity to take pictures ah, or choose to rub other people's flashlights)
- conversion plugs (Indonesia is using two round hole socket, or round concave kind, the conventional kind of global conversion head can not be inserted)
- other regular items, toiletries, photographic equipment and so on according to personal needs to bring can.
Bromo Volcano is the soul of the entire plateau. This uninhabited area gives people a sense of the end of the world!